CoCalc by SageMath, Inc.
Subscriptions and Pricing
Prices last updated September 2020« Other Policies
Initially, you start using CoCalc under a free trial plan in order to test out the service. If CoCalc works out for you, please subscribe to the service! Any subscription or license key upgrade you with a certain set of quota upgrades, which you can apply to your projects.
To subscribe or purchase a license key, you sign into CoCalc and open the billing tab in account settings. Once you subscribe, you'll get the option "Hide free warnings" in account preferences to remove the red trial banner. You can see a summary of upgrades in the upgrades tab.
Listed prices are in US dollars. When charging in local currency, the prices are converted into local currency using the conversion rates published by leading financial institutions.
- The number of projects
- If you qualify for an academic discount
- Upgrade schema per project: a small 1 GB memory / 1 shared CPU upgrade is fine for basic calculations, but we find that many data and computational science projects run better with additional RAM and CPU.
- Duration: monthly/yearly subscription or explicit start and end dates.
- Purchase method: online purchasing vs. retail (invoicing/billing/...)
Table of contents
- Service subscriptions: upgrade your projects
- Course licenses: upgrade student projects for teaching a course
- Dedicated VMs: a node in the cluster for large workloads
- On-Premises: run CoCalc on your own hardware
A subscription awards you with a license key for upgrading your projects or other projects where you are a collaborator — everyone using an upgraded project benefits. Such a subscription automatically renews at the end of each period. You can cancel at any time.
Here are three typical configurations. All parameters can be adjusted to fit your needs. Listed upgrades are for each project. Exact prices may vary. Below $100 only online purchases are available. Compared to one-off purchases, the discounts are 10% for monthly and 15% for yearly subscriptions.
|yearly||$ 1108.49||$ 831.36|
|monthly||$ 210.47||$ 157.85|
|yearly||$ 2385.27||$ 1788.95|
Here is how you teach a course on CoCalc. Each student works in their own project, while you oversee everyone and track everyone's progress. CoCalc's real-time collaboration makes it easy to help students directly where they work.
How to get started?
Go to your Account Settings → Licenses in order to start purchasing a license for your course: licenses documentation.
Minimal upgrades might be okay for beginner courses, but we find that many data and computational science courses run better with additional RAM and CPU. Contact us for a trial license: [email protected].
Once you got your key, don't forget to register it in the course management interface to be applied to all student projects.
Please be also aware that you can acquire several licenses: e.g. to partition a semester into smaller parts or to keep upgrades separate between certain groups.
- You or your institution pays for one or more license upgrades. You distribute the license upgrades to all projects of the course via the course configuration frame of the course manager.
- Students pay a one-time fee. In the configuration frame of the course management file, you opt to require all students to pay a one-time $14 fee to upgrade their projects.
Here are three typical configurations. All parameters can be adjusted to fit your needs. Listed upgrades are for each project. Exact prices may vary. Below $100 only online purchases are available.
$ 33.83 / purchased online
$ 84.77 / purchased online
$ 1652.56 / purchased online
To learn more about these options, email us at [email protected] with a description of your specific requirements.