CoCalc - On Premises Offerings
CoCalc's on-premises offerings allow you to run CoCalc on your own machine or cluster in order to keep your data on-site and use compute resources that you already have.
CoCalc Docker is a downsized but feature complete version of CoCalc. It can be used on your own laptop, desktop or server. It is suitable for personal use or a small working group, e.g. a few researchers in an office or lab.Features: it includes support for Jupyter Notebooks, a recent version of Sage, Python 3, R, Julia, Octave and LaTeX. Also, X11 support, editing and compiling code and much more is included as well. If something is missing, you could extend the base image to fit your needs.
The setup is very easy: CoCalc Docker comes as a pre-packaged single Docker image. All services are included and ready to work out of the box.
The license is business-friendly and costs $999/year.
CoCalc Cloud is an on-prem version of CoCalc that runs on a full-fledged Kubernetes Cluster. The underlying services and their architecture are the same, as the ones that power the main service at cocalc.com. This means you get the same overall performance, scalability and reliability as the main SaaS site.
- Jupyter Notebooks, a recent version of Sage, Python 3, R, Octave and LaTeX. Editing code and text-files, Linux terminal, compiling code, and virtual X11 desktop are included as well. Beyond the standard set of included software, it's also possible to define and build customized software environments.
- Support for single sign-on, in particular, includes SAML.
- The networking is defined by standard NGINX ingress rules. It's possible to run within a VPN as well.
- You can deploy this solution on your own bare-metal cluster or managed kubernetes clusters like Amazon's AWS EKS or Google's GCE GKE. Other options should work as well.
- A Kubernetes cluster and some experience managing it. We'll guide you through the setup and give you enough information to be able to manage the service, react to issues, plan resource requirements, and know how to scale the various services to your expected usage.
- Some experience working with HELM charts.
- A (sub)domain and TLS certificate (e.g. letsencrypt).
- A standard PostgreSQL database.
- Regarding storage, a shared network file-system like NFS will hold the data of all projects. The only pre-requisite is it needs to support the Kubernetes ReadWriteMany file-system access mode.
For more details, see the cocalc cloud documentation.
Purchasing CoCalc Cloud
In contrast to the Docker variant, CoCalc Cloud is a scalable solution. Therefore, the price is proportional to the expected number of users. Additionally, various levels of support can be negotiated for an additional cost. Please contact us for a quote.
The price starts at or if an academic discount applies, starting at .