Run Graphical Applications Online
A remote graphical Linux desktop
CoCalc is able to run graphical software using X11 via your browser.
The application with a graphical user interface runs remotely on CoCalc using a virtual display provided by XPRA.
Features and benefits
- You no longer have to install and maintain the applications. In particular when you're teaching a class, students just have to sign in to CoCalc to get started!
- These virtual desktops are persistent during an ongoing project session.
- It is also possible to collaboratively interact with the same application in real-time.
- You can copy/paste between your local desktop environment and the virtual session.
- Sophisticated session handling and compression makes this much more robust and faster than traditional SSH X-forwarding.
Please check out our comprehensive table of installed application for additional details.